Who we are
When do we collect personal information and what personal information do we collect?
We may collect personal data about you as follows:
- If you fill in forms on our website, we will collect your contact details and the other information you provide in the form.
- If you contact us by any other means (e.g. email or telephone) in respect of any of our services, we may keep a record of that contact and the information you provide us at that time. The information we hold may include your name, contact details and requested requirements or details of your enquiry.
- If you instruct us to provide services (to you or the organisation you work for), we will collect a range of information which is required to provide those goods or services including contact details and your job title/position; financial data, such as bank account details; and transaction data, including details about the services we have provided and payments we have received.
- We may collect personal data relating to third parties in the course of providing goods or services to our customers, including contact details of the various parties involved in an instruction and any relevant suppliers.
- We may also collect personal data in the form of business contact details for our customers, contacts, prospects and persons who we believe will be interested in our services, for the purposes of advising you on occasion of information which we believe will be of interest to you. This data may be obtained from recognised B2B marketing data companies that satisfy our data protection requirements and/or from suitable publically available sources.
- If you are added to our marketing distribution lists, we will collect your name, the name of your company/organisation (if any), email address and your preferences as to the types of marketing information you would like to receive from us. The emails that we send you may contain tracking facilities, which may include the opening of emails, forwarding of emails, the clicking of links within the email content, times, dates and frequency of activity and other data relevant to the production of an enhanced user experience.
- If you apply for employment or work with us, we will collect a range of information relating to you which is outlined in more detail in our candidate privacy notice.
We do not collect personal data that relates to individual consumers nor do we collect any special category data (save in respect of our staff members and candidates for employment, which is explained in the specific applicable privacy notices).
Other information collected via our website and cookies
We collect visitor information by using cookies and when you use the sharing icons (provided by Share This) to share content from our website or access other websites which collect statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns but does not identify any individual.
How do we use your personal data?
We use information about you as follows:
- If you visit our website, we will use information about your visit to help us improve our website and make it as user-friendly for as many visitors as possible on the basis that we have a legitimate interest to do so.
- If you fill in forms on our website, or contact us by any other means, we use the information to provide customer care and to respond to your enquiry or contact you on the basis that we have a legitimate interest to do so.
- If you instruct us to provide services (to you or the organisation you work for), we will use the information you provide to supply our services, to carry out our contractual obligations and to fulfil any legal obligations arising from your instructions. This may include:
- Processing of orders;
- Provision of services;
- Identifying you and any accounts you hold with us;
- Administering accounts, processing payments and tracking billing and payments;
- Informing you of service and price changes;
- Detection of fraud and verifying any information you have provided.
- We may also use your personal data to enable us to review, develop and improve our website and services on the basis that we have a legitimate interest to do so. We may also notify you about changes to our website, services or our organisation on the basis that this is compatible with our original use of your information
- We will use any third party personal data collected in the course of providing services to carry out our contractual obligations to our customers and to fulfil any legal obligations arising from such instructions.
- We may contact you on occasion with information if you are a customer or contact of the company or a person who we reasonably believe would be interested in receiving that particular communication. Any such communications to prospects are targeted with reference to the company profile, including size and geographic location. The communications are tailored and considered and are sent on the basis that we have a legitimate interest in doing so. These communications may be made by email, post or by telephone. You can stop receiving marketing information from us at any time as these communications provide easy ways to unsubscribe or update your preferences.
- If you apply for a job with us or enquire about vacancies, we will use any information provided in accordance with our candidate privacy notice.
We expect and require that our customers comply with the provisions of the General Data Protection Regulation and any other legislation governing the processing of personal data and have an appropriate lawful reason for the processing of any personal information that is supplied to us in the course of us providing services to them (including any third party personal data supplied).
Where do we store your personal data and how it is kept secure?
Some of the information you provide to us will be transmitted electronically, e.g. information provided via our website or by email. We would remind you that information transmitted via the internet is not completely secure and although we will do our best to protect any information transmitted in this way, we cannot guarantee its complete security.
We use a combination of secure EU based cloud servers and cloud services supplied by Microsoft to store and process any data that we may have about you. Limited amounts of data may also be held on individual PCs and laptops. No personal data you provide to us is transferred to, or stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area.
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data being accidently lost, accessed or used in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. Access to our cloud servers and cloud services are controlled via user authentication, we utilise Windows and application password control and Microsoft EMS to control security on mobile devices.
In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
Who do we share your personal data with?
We may disclose your personal information to third parties if we are under a duty to disclose or share it in order to comply with any legal obligation (for example our auditors, our insurers, professional advisers and HMRC), as a necessary part of providing services to you or as part of our contractual obligations, or with your consent. However, we will only ever share information about you that is necessary in line with the above objectives and if we have put in place suitable safeguards to ensure your personal data is secure and only used for the purposes stated above.
How long do we keep your personal data?
We will only keep your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting or reporting requirements.
Personal data for our customers is held for as long as we retain a relationship with them and then for 7 years from the end of such relationship, unless there is a legal reason to retain the information longer.
Personal data for prospective customers and/or those who have contacted us to enquire about our services shall be reviewed annually to update any inaccurate information. Any prospective data that does not need to be retained shall be marked to ensure that it is not utilised in future and shall, once our CRM systems have been updated, be deleted.
Personal data relating to individual contacts with our supplier and technology supplier organisations shall be retained for as long as we retain a relationship with those organisations and then for 7 years from the end of such relationship, unless there is a legal reason to retain the information longer.
Personal data relating to job candidate and our staff shall be held in accordance with the retention schedules set out in the relevant job candidate and staff privacy notices.
Your rights in relation to the personal data we hold
You have the right to:
Request access to your personal data (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
Request correction of the personal data that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate data we hold about you corrected, though we may need to verify the accuracy of the new data you provide to us.
Request erasure of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal data where you have successfully exercised your right to object to processing (see below), where we may have processed your information unlawfully or where we are required to erase your personal data to comply with local law. Note, however, that we may not always be able to comply with your request of erasure for specific legal reasons which will be notified to you, if applicable, at the time of your request.
Object to processing of your personal data where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground as you feel it impacts on your fundamental rights and freedoms. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes. In some cases, we may demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate grounds to process your information which override your rights and freedoms.
Request restriction of processing of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of your personal data in the following scenarios: (a) if you want us to establish the data's accuracy (b) where our use of the data is unlawful but you do not want us to erase it (c) where you need us to hold the data even if we no longer require it as you need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims or (d) you have objected to our use of your data but we need to verify whether we have overriding legitimate grounds to use it.
Request the transfer of your personal data to you or to a third party. We will provide to you, or a third party you have chosen, your personal data in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format. Note that this right only applies to automated information which you initially provided consent for us to use or where we used the information to perform a contract with you.
Withdraw consent at any time where we are relying on consent to process your personal data. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain products or services to you. We will advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent.
- Website: www.ziptechservices.co.uk
- Email: email@example.com
- Post: Ziptech Services Ltd
Watermans Business Park
Surrey TW18 3BA
- Telephone: 0845 123 3942