We are in the business of project management and it’s great to find another service provider like Ziptech that shares the same, thorough approach to projects.Phil Heaney. Technical Director, Systems Interface.
To support an increasingly mobile workforce, Systems Interface decided to move its phone system to the Cloud, replacing the business’s last remaining on-premises hardware. Ziptech had been providing IT support services to the aviation systems integrator for over 10 years and was perfectly placed to recommend a system which would work well with the company’s tech stack: MS 365, SharePoint, OneDrive and Teams. Deciding to shop around before BT withdrew ISDN, Technical Director Phil Heaney worked with Ziptech to find a suitable alternative.
Phil says, “If I had waited until ISDN was withdrawn, I wouldn’t have been in a position to explore alternatives and BT would have migrated us to their preferred solution without any of the advantages we have gained from shopping around. Ziptech recommended VoIP system Qunifi as an alternative. It integrates perfectly with our IT and it comes at a very agreeable price.”
Ziptech uses Qunifi as its own in-house VoIP telephone system and has developed expertise in implementing, integrating and supporting it.
Regarding the Ziptech’s project management, Phil adds, “It was important for us that we had a trusted supplier to implement the system. Ziptech handled the project very professionally. We are in the business of project management and it’s great to find another service provider that shares the same, thorough approach to projects.”
Listing the benefits the Qunifi phone system brings to the business, Phil includes;
- Compatibility with MS Teams, allowing multi-way conference calls including calls with others outside the company.
- With 70% of staff travelling, they can make calls from anywhere in the world on a UK tariff.
- A very competitive cost per user per month, with support included in the price.
- Staff can choose to either utilise their laptops or pcs as phones via a mic and headset, or plug in a piece of hardware (USB phones can be purchased quite inexpensively), or even access it from mobile phones.
- Unlike BT’s contracts, Systems Interface has a flexible contract which ties them in for much shorter periods of time, allowing them the opportunity to review at more frequent intervals.