Contrary to conventional thinking, spending money on expensive cyber defence solutions will not always reduce your risk of attack. Cyber crime has now topped conventional crime worldwide with businesses, small and large, under constant threat. Without a doubt, the software industry is seizing the opportunity to profit from the risks; while developers busy themselves creating sophisticated defence solutions, cyber criminals are already a step ahead. That is the nature of the game.
We want to explain how implementing a simple methodology will significantly reduce the risk of your business being attacked.
Ziptech is also Cyber Essentials Certified – the Government’s Certification programme which demonstrates to your customers that you are a cyber-savvy supplier and have taken all reasonable measures to protect yourself from cyber attack. We can help you gain this important certification and implement the procedures and protocols you need to do to keep your business and reputation safe from cyber crime.
In July 2016, the Office for National Statistics reported that almost six million cyber-enabled fraud and cyber crimes were committed in the last year in England and Wales. In the same month, The National Crime Agency’s Cyber Crime assessment 2016 paper stated;
“The accelerating pace of technology and criminal cyber capability development currently outpaces the UK’s collective response to cyber crime. This ‘cyber arms race’ is likely to be an enduring challenge, and an effective response requires collaborative action from government law enforcement, industry regulators and, critically, business leaders.”
Who’s Responsible for Protecting your Business?
Ultimately the responsibility for IT security lies with company directors. Cyber crime is potentially an existential risk and it is not Microsoft, Google or Apple’s fault that there are holes in your defences or that your staff members don’t think before they click.
The good news is that directors can easily make their companies far more secure for comparatively little cost. You will need to put a little time into understanding cyber security - but it’s not that complex. If you are capable of running a successful company you are certainly capable of understanding the fundamentals of cyber security.
And it doesn’t need to cost the earth; for 95% of SMEs, good security is neither complex nor expensive. The other 5% primarily comprises of government defence contractors and the financial services industry.
If you’d like to learn about the Cost-Free Measures you can put in place today as a fundamental level of protection, download our white paper on the form above.
If you’d like to know more about becoming Cyber Essentials Certified,
give us a call on 0845 123 3942